Facilities Maintenance Worker – Deadline to apply is 7/31/2018 by 4:00 p.m.
This position is responsible for maintaining and repairing of County buildings and facilities.
- Conducts maintenance and repair activities per issued work orders.
- Utilizes specialized heavy and light equipment to maintain and repair buildings and facilities including the electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and HVAC systems; performs carpentry, masonry, and roofing activities.
- Repairs and maintains sidewalks, drainage systems, parking lots, and irrigation systems.
- Performs light maintenance including repairing light fixtures, air filters, and painting.
Maintains tools and equipment.
- Relocates furniture assembly, equipment moving, and storage management.
- Assists in Interprets drawings, diagrams, and specifications of existing structures to ensure compliance with standards and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of County codes and ordinances.
- Knowledge of related federal, state, and local laws.
- Knowledge of industrial maintenance practices.
- Knowledge of general electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems.
- Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in interpreting construction plans and designs.
- Skill in utilizing specialized tools and equipment.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The Facilities Maintenance Director assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include County and department policies and procedures, County codes and ordinances, and related federal, state, and local laws. These guidelines are generally clear and specific but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of related construction and maintenance duties.
- The purpose of this position is to maintain and repair County buildings and facilities. Successful performance helps ensure safe and serviceable facilities for Butts County.
- Contacts are typically with coworkers, other County agencies and employees, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to provide services; or to give or exchange information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of machinery and equipment including construction tools and equipment. Must be able to use body members to work, move or carry objects or materials. This position requires: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motion. Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Physical demand requirements are at levels of those of medium work.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education, or a combination of education, experience and skills that meet the prerequisites of the position.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
Deadline to apply is 7/31/2018 by 4:00 p.m.