Re-Opening Daughtry Park
Due to the ongoing concerns about COVID-19, social distancing, safety for children, adults and senior citizens, the following measures will be enacted will continue through the summer. While these are intended to address a number of concerns about recreational activities on County property for the next three months or so, please understand that if circumstances change, the County may revise these measures, extend or reduce dates, or otherwise cancel or postpone programs and offerings if needed. We hope that cooperation from everyone will help us all through these next few months and ensure our ability to reopen services with confidence in the safety and well-being of everyone.
– Daughtry Recreation Park will open on June 1st for passive recreational activities, which include walking, running and biking. Persons utilizing the park for these and other approved activities will be required to maintain the recommended social distancing practices as established by the Georgia Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control.
– Single-play tennis (one-on-one) will be allowed on park tennis courts starting June 1st.
– All athletic fields will open for Butts County Residents/Butts County Teams ONLY starting June 15th. We ask that you call the office to schedule a time and date to use the fields, whether it be for an individual or team practice.
– Gymnastics Team Practices will begin June 15th. Coaches will be reaching out to team members with specific days and times.
– Summer Day Camp will be offered for the following weeks; July 6th, July 13th, July 20th and July 27th. Space is limited.
All of the above will be allowed with the understanding that if the guidelines are not being followed, the County will be forced to close the park again.
All batting cages, playgrounds, restrooms, pavilions, workout equipment on football field, facility rentals, gymnastic classes, athletic programs and the Senior Center will remain closed until further notice.
Leisure Services will open registration for Fall Sports on Monday, June 1st but will not be requiring payment until it is certain there will be a fall season and that there is enough participation. They will set a payment date as well as a uniform try-on date, which will be announced at a later time.
Leisure Services offices will be open by appointment only. If someone needs help with registration, they will be glad to assist you over the telephone.