BUTTS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
MINUTES OF THE BOARD FOR APRIL 18, 2019
Ken Rivers, District 1, Present
Robert Henderson, District 2, Present
Joe Brown, District 3, Present
Keith Douglas, District 4, Absent
Russ Crumbley, District 5, Present
Steve Layson, County Administrator
Michael Brewer, Deputy County Administrator
Rhonda Blissit, Chief Financial Officer
Ellen Glidewell, Human Resources Manager
Ben Vaughn, County Attorney (Phone, during Executive Session)
Item 2019-04-083: Call to Order and Adoption of the Docket
Mr. Rivers called the meeting to order at 9:00 AM. Mr. Crumbley moved to adopt the docket, seconded by Mr. Brown with unanimous consent.
Item 2019-04-084: Budget Workshop Discussion Items
1. Discussion on increased landfill fees and using fees to rebuild reserve fund balances.
2. Discussion on funding improved employee benefits including retirement multiplier.
3. Discussion on potential health insurance increases and funding thereof.
4. Discussion on revenues, including continuing policy of no abatement of impact or building fees
5. Discussion on Honeywell Maintenance Contract with action brought forward
Mr. Brown made a motion to direct the County Attorney to begin proceedings to terminate the maintenance agreement with Honeywell Building Systems and to authorize the County Administrator to sign any documents pertinent to executing this directive. Mr. Crumbley seconded the motion with unanimous consent, 4-0.
6. Discussion on funding of Development Authority in the future to give it greater independence.
7. Discussion on reinstating training funds in FY2019 budget
8. Discussion on transportation funding, including to continue looking at a possible T-SPLOST
Item 2019-04-085 Executive Session on Personnel and Litigation
Mr. Brown moved to enter Executive Session, seconded by Mr. Henderson with unanimous consent. Mr. Brown later moved to exit, seconded by Mr. Crumbley with unanimous consent. Two personnel matters and two potential legal issues were discussed.
Item 2019-04-086 Adjournment Motion
Mr. Brown moved to adjourn, seconded by Mr. Crumbley with unanimous consent at 12:22 PM.
Ratified this 13th Day of May, 2019
/s/ Ken Rivers
Chairman of the Board
/s/ J. Michael Brewer
Deputy County Administrator as Clerk