A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF BUTTS COUNTY TO APPOINT MEMBERS TO VARIOUS BOARDS AND COMMITTEES; TO SET FORTH AND FIX TERMS OF APPOINTMENTS; TO AUTHORIZE THE CHAIRMAN TO SIGN THE RESOLUTION ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD; TO AUTHORIZE THE CLERK OF SESSION TO ATTEST ALL DOCUMENTS; AND FOR OTHER RELATED AND LAWFUL PURPOSES.
WHEREAS, Butts County is a duly created and validly existing political subdivision of the State of Georgia under the Constitution and laws of the state of Georgia and governed by the Butts County Board of Commissioners, and;
WHEREAS, the Butts County Board of Commissioners, the governing body of the county is charged with making appointments to various Authorities, Boards and Committees whenever a seat on said board(s) shall become vacant, to either finish an existing term, serve and additional term or to serve as a new appointee to fulfil a term, and;
WHEREAS, the Clerk of Butts County Georgia, being vested with the management of the process of appointments and reappointments to said Authorities, Boards and Committees has received a proper application(s) for appointments or requests to be reappointed and has made a recommendation to the Board of Commissioners for appointment(s) in the manner contained herein, now therefore be it:
RESOLVED, the Commission hereby declares that the foregoing preamble and whereas provisions set forth hereinabove constitute, and shall be considered to be, substantive provisions of this Resolution and are hereby incorporated by reference into this provision.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED the Commission hereby does make the following appointments, to be effective on 1 July 2020, having determined that the individuals meet all legal requirements to serve on such Boards, and appoints them as outlined below:
– To the DFACS Board of Directors, the Board of Commissioners does hereby reappoint SUSANNE EARNHART to a five-year term beginning 1 July 2020 and ending 30 June 2025;
– To the Butts County Planning and Zoning Commission, the Board of Commissioners does hereby reappoint WALTER MAYFIELD to a five-year term of office, beginning 1 July 2020 and ending 30 June 2025;
– To the Butts County Board of Zoning Appeals, the Board of Commissioners does hereby reappoint ALTON STEWART to a three-year term of office, beginning 1 July 2020 and ending 30 June 2023;
– To the Butts County Board of Adjustments and Appeals, the Board of Commissioners does hereby reappoint LANIER BURFORD to a two-year term of office, beginning 1 July 2020 and ending 30 June 2022;
– To the Butts County Board of Adjustments and Appeals, the Board of Commissioners does hereby reappoint JUSTIN PHILLIPS to a two-year term of office, beginning 1 July 2020 and ending 30 June 2022;
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that in the event an appointee so designated in this resolution should become unable or ineligible to continue to serve their term of appointment, that the Board of Commissioners shall cause to be appointed a replacement that shall serve only until the term of the original appointment has been completed, subject to reappointment if the Board so chooses, and;
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Board reserves its right in any appointments now or in the future to not reappoint a sitting board member to any board, authority or related for which it has appointment power, for any reason that it should choose or no reason at all, and;
BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED that the Board authorizes the Chairman of the Board of Commissioners to sign this Resolution on their behalf and authorizes the Clerk of Butts County to attest all signatures and transmit this document to the appropriate entities of Butts County.
Adopted in Session this 8th Day of June, 2020
/s/ Ken Rivers, Chairman of the Board
/s/ J. Michael Brewer, Deputy County Administrator
Clerk of the 122nd Session