A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF BUTTS COUNTY TO AUTHORIZE THE ACCEPTANCE OF REQUESTS FOR PROPOSALS FOR AN AMBULANCE; TO ACCEPT THE DONATION OF AN AMBULANCE FROM THE BUTTS COUNTY HOSPITAL AUTHORITY; TO RELEASE THE HOSPITAL AUTHORITY FROM ALL LIABILITY AND TO HOLD THEM HARMLESS; TO AUTHORIZE THE CHAIRMAN TO SIGN THE RESOLUTION ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS AND TO SIGN ANY RELATED PAPERWORK; TO AUTHORIZE THE CLERK OF THE 122nd SESSION OF BUTTS COUNTY TO ATTEST ALL DOCUMENTS; AND FOR OTHER RELATED AND LAWFUL PURPOSES.
WHEREAS, Butts County is a duly created and validly existing political subdivision of the State of Georgia under the Constitution and laws of the state of Georgia, and;
WHEREAS, the Butts County Board of Commissioners is the governing authority of the County, elected by the qualified electors of Butts County and vested with fiscal and legislative responsibilities necessary to the managing of the affairs of the County government, including being the lawful and acknowledged owner and holder of all buildings and properties of the Government of Butts County, including vehicles, and;
WHEREAS, the Hospital Authority of Butts County, a separate entity created and formed to own and administrate all property associated with Sylvan Grove Hospital and to provide effective medical care in the Butts County community, desires to appropriate funding directly under their control to acquire for, and pay all costs of, an EMS unit or ambulance, said ambulance to become the property of the Board of Commissioners of Butts County for the use by the licensed ambulance service operated by the same, for certain considerations, now, therefore be it:
RESOLVED, that the Commission hereby declares that the foregoing preamble and whereas provisions set forth hereinabove constitute, and shall be considered to be, substantive provisions of this Resolution and are hereby incorporated by reference into this provision, and;
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Board of Commissioners of Butts County, hereinafter referred to as the County, through this Resolution and by its passage, does hereby authorize and agree to the following conditions:
1. That the County shall accept Requests for Proposals from authorized vendors of ambulances to provide the total cost of an EMS unit/ambulance as per the specifications required by the County and by all licensing and regulatory authorities that have jurisdiction over ambulances in Georgia.
2. That upon selection of the most responsive and responsible bidder, the County Administrator shall notify the Butts County Hospital Authority of the total and final cost of said ambulance.
3. That the Butts County Hospital Authority shall then authorize a check to pay the total and final cost of said ambulance, said check to be written and delivered to the Vendor directly by the Hospital Authority.
4. That County shall both accept and be titled as the Owner of said ambulance and assumes total responsibility for the maintenance, staffing and insuring of said ambulance.
5. That the County shall hold the Butts County Hospital Authority and its members, both collectively and individually, harmless for all liability associated with the ownership and operation of the ambulance.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that this Resolution and all provisions herein, shall be in full force and effect immediately upon its adoption by the Butts County Board of Commissioners and that any and all resolutions or parts of resolutions, in conflict with this Resolution shall be, and to the extent of such conflict are, hereby repealed, and;
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that it is the express intention of the Board of Commissioners that each independent provision of this Resolution should be adopted, and that the Board would have adopted each such independent provision, even if the others had not been adopted; therefore, in the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds that any of the aforementioned provisions of this Resolution to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, it is the intent of the Board of Commissioners that the offending provision be severed, and that all lawful provisions shall remain in force, and;
BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED that the Board authorizes the Chairman of the Board of Commissioners to sign this Resolution on their behalf, as well as any and all associated agreements, documents, titles and releases from liability associated with this Resolution and further authorizes the Clerk of Butts County to attest all signatures and to file this this Resolution in the Book of Resolutions, Volume 1, and upon the attaining of such signatures and attestations hereto, it is hereby:
ADOPTED in open session this 9th Day of March, Two Thousand and Twenty
/s/ Ken Rivers, Chairman
/s/ J. Michael Brewer
Clerk of the 122nd Session
Author: Brewer, J.M.