A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF BUTTS COUNTY TO APPOINT MEMBERS TO VARIOUS BOARDS AND COMMITTEES; TO AUTHORIZE THE CHAIRMAN TO SIGN THE RESOLUTION ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD; TO AUTHORIZE THE CLERK OF BUTTS COUNTY TO ATTEST ALL DOCUMENTS; TO SET FORTH THE TERMS OF APPOINTMENTS; AND FOR OTHER RELATED AND LAWFUL PURPOSES.
WHEREAS, Butts County is a duly created and validly existing political subdivision of the State of Georgia under the Constitution and laws of the state of Georgia and governed by the Butts County Board of Commissioners, and;
WHEREAS, the Butts County Board of Commissioners, the governing body of the county is charged with making appointments to various boards and committees whenever a seat on said board(s) shall become vacant, to either finish an existing term, serve and additional term or to serve as a new appointee to fulfil a term, and;
WHEREAS, the Clerk of Butts County Georgia has received a proper application(s) or requests to be reappointed and has made a recommendation to the Board of Commissioners for appointment(s) in the manner contained herein, now therefore be it:
RESOLVED, the Commission hereby declares that the foregoing preamble and whereas provisions set forth hereinabove constitute, and shall be considered to be, substantive provisions of this Resolution and are hereby incorporated by reference into this provision.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED the Commission hereby does make the following appointments, to be effective on 1 July 2019, having determined that the individuals meet all legal requirements to serve on such Boards, and appoints them as outlined below:
– To the Butts County Et. Al Water and Sewer Authority, the Board of Commissioners does hereby reappoint BURT JONES to a three-year term beginning 1 July 2019 and ending 30 June 2022;
– To the Joint Municipal-County Board of Elections of Butts County, the Board of Commissioners does hereby reappoint WILLIAM DRIGGERS to a four-year term beginning 1 July 2019 and ending 30 June 2023;
– To the Board of Directors of the Department of Family and Children Services, the Board of Commissioners does hereby reappoint TONI CLARK to a five-year term of office beginning 1 July 2019 and ending 30 June 2024;
– To the McIntosh Trail Community Service Board, the Board of Commissioners does hereby reappoint SANDRA HAISTEN to a three-year term of office beginning 1 July 2019 and ending 30 June 2022;
– To the Butts County Board of Adjustments and Appeals, the Board of Commissioners does hereby reappoint JUSTIN PHILLIPS to a one-year term of office beginning 1 July 2019 and ending 30 June 2020; and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that in the event an appointee so designated in this resolution should become unable or ineligible to continue to serve their term of appointment, that the Board of Commissioners shall cause to be appointed a replacement that shall serve only until the term of the original appointment has completed, subject to reappointment if the Board so chooses, and;
BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED that the Board authorizes the Chairman of the Board of Commissioners to sign this Resolution on their behalf and authorizes the Clerk of Butts County to attest all signatures and transmit this document to the appropriate entities of Butts County.
Adopted in open session this 24th Day of June, 2019
/s/ Ken Rivers, Chairman
/s/ J. Michael Brewer
Deputy County Administrator
as Clerk of County
Author: Brewer M
Motion: Douglas, K. of the 4th
Second: Brown, J. of the 3rd
Concur: Rivers K. of the 1st, Henderson, R. of the 2nd, Crumbley, R. of the 5th (Abstains on appointment of Jones, Burt