Open until filled:
Personal Property Appraiser TA/5
This position is responsible for appraising the County’s personal property.
• Conducts on site visits to inspect, calculate, and appraise personal property throughout the County including boats, airplanes, equipment, timber, mobile homes, and public utilities.
• Maintains accurate appraisal records and pictures.
• Researches property records maintained by the Clerk of Court.
• Answers the telephone, responds to customer inquiries and requests for information.
• Files records.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of the personal property appraisal process.
• Knowledge of related federal, state, and local laws.
• Knowledge of County geography.
• Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in the preparation of clear and precise administrative reports.
• Skill in interpreting blueprints and maps.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in interpersonal relations.
The Chief Appraiser assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include the Georgia Department of Revenue Appraisal Procedures Manual, Tax Assessors Policy and Procedures Manual, County policies and procedures, and related federal, state, and local laws. These guidelines are generally clear and specific but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of related appraisal duties. Strict regulations and the need for accuracy contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to appraise the value of personal property. Success in this position helps ensure the development of a fair and accurate County tax digest.
• Contacts are typically with coworkers, other County agencies and employees, attorneys, property owners, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to provide services or to give or exchange information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, or stooping.
• The work is typically performed in an office and occasionally on site exposing the employee to dust, dirt, grease, the outdoors and occasional cold or inclement weather.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education, or a combination of education, experience and skills that meet the prerequisites of the position.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
• Ability to meet necessary requirements of Appraiser (#) as mandated by the Georgia Department of Revenue.
Applications can be found on our county website: https://buttscountyga.com/employment-opportunities/
Please submit applications/resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org