POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Administrative Assistant / Appraisal Technician TA6
This position is responsible for assisting property appraisers with daily task.
• Records and maintains accurate appraisal records including ownership transfers, deeds, splits, homesteads, land value changes.
• Enters all department data in related software.
• Prepares records for appraisers to value and verify; files property documentation.
• Assists in processing re-evaluations.
• Answers the telephone, responds to customer inquiries and requests for information.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of the general property appraisal process.
• Knowledge of related federal, state, and local laws.
• Knowledge of County geography.
• Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in the preparation of clear and precise administrative reports.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in interpersonal relations.
The Chief Appraiser assigns work in terms of somewhat general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with instructions and established procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include the Georgia Department of Revenue Appraisal Procedures Manual, Tax Assessors Policy and Procedures Manual, County policies and procedures, and related federal, state, and local laws. These guidelines are generally clear and specific but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of related clerical duties.
• The purpose of this position is to assist in the appraisal of real and personal property. Success in this position helps ensure the development of a fair and accurate County tax digest.
• Contacts are typically with coworkers, other County agencies and employees, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to provide services or to give or exchange information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
• The work is occasionally performed outdoors
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
• Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent, or a combination of education, experience and skills that meet the prerequisites of the position.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
Applications can be found on the county website www.buttscountyga.com or picked up in the Assessors’ office.
Applications and resumes can be emailed to email@example.com.