Leisure Services Coordinator
This position is responsible for overseeing various leisure programs and activities operations for the County.
• Coordinates gymnastics programming for the Department.
• Coordinates various camps throughout the year to include school break camps, summer camp and sport camps.
• Recommends new leisure programs & special events to enhance the department’s offerings and meet community needs.
• Recruits, trains, and supervises concession stand part-time personnel for recreational activities; purchases concession supplies; conducts daily inventory.
• Coordinates programs for the senior center.
• Develops and monitors program budgets; compiles financial reports.
• Prepare information & monitors program registration.
• Prepares, maintains, and keeps inventory of all program supplies.
• Insures departmental policies & procedures regarding activities, staff & volunteers are followed.
• Supervises programs & events requiring evening & weekend work
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of recreational programming and services.
• Knowledge of facility safety requirements.
• Knowledge of physical education and fitness activities for seniors.
• Knowledge of basic accounting standards and practices.
• Knowledge of computers and ability to utilize job related software programs.
• Skill in the preparation of clear and precise administrative reports.
• Skill in managing volunteers.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in interpersonal relations.
The Leisure Services Program Manager assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results
Guidelines include County & Departmental policies and procedures, safety requirements, and related federal, state, and local laws. These guidelines are generally clear and specific but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of related coordination and supervisory duties.
• The purpose of this position is to coordinate leisure programs for the Department. Successful performance helps ensure quality services that meet the needs of the County residents.
• Contacts are typically with coworkers, other County agencies and employees, vendors, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to provide services; to give or exchange information; or to resolve problems; or to motivate or influence persons.
• Networking & developing professional, working relationships with other recreational professional on the district & state levels is also essential to success.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light objects.
• The work is typically performed in an office or at athletic fields and facilities. The work is often performed outdoors and exposes the employee to occasional cold or inclement weather.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position has direct supervision over part-time leisure and concession staff, coaches and volunteers.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field, or a combination of education, experience and skills that meet the prerequisites of the position.
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years of experience or service.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Position open until filled