The Butts County Community Services Department is seeking the full-time employment services of a Kennel Attendant who will be responsible to provide compassionate and attentive care of the animals, maintain a clean healthy environment for the animals and assist with other duties as needed in an animal shelter environment. Forty (40) hour workweek, with weekend assignments. Annual salary $17,825.60 plus benefits. Complete job description is listed below. We are a drug free work place and all applicants must submit to a drug test and criminal history background check prior to hire. Applications will be accepted until filled and may be picked up at the Commissioners Office, 625 W. Third Street, Suite 4, Jackson Georgia 30233.
The Butts County Community Services Department (Department) is seeking the full-time employment services of a Kennel Attendant who will be responsible to provide compassionate and attentive care of the animals at all times, maintain a clean healthy environment for the animals and the public, and assist with other duties as needed in an animal shelter environment.
• Follow all of the Department’s policies and procedures.
• Daily, thorough cleaning of all animal areas.
• Spot cleaning of animal and public areas throughout the day.
• Feeding and providing water for the animals, including providing special diets as needed.
• Socializing and grooming the animals as needed.
• Assessing the temperament of the animals to facilitate finding the best possible placement for each individual animal.
• Doing laundry, dishes, washing windows, cleaning and mopping public and shelter areas as needed.
• Providing a healthy, safe, clean and pleasant environment and facilities for the animals and the public.
• Providing transportation for animals as needed.
• Treating all animals humanely, properly, and with compassion at all times, regardless of the situation or circumstance.
• Assisting in the vaccination, examination, performance of medical treatments and euthanasia as needed.
• Maintaining a friendly demeanor and providing good customer service while assisting the public.
• Working courteously and cooperatively with other staff members and management.
• Stocking supplies.
• Using shelter management software to effectively and efficiently track animals coming to and going from the shelter.
• Monitoring the health of the animals in the shelter, and entering the shelter, on an ongoing basis by rapidly identifying any health problems or conditions (medical or behavioral) and immediately reporting them to the supervisor or veterinary technician.
• Maintaining a friendly demeanor and providing good customer service.
• Working effectively as part of a team on cross-functional programs, projects, and activities as well as courteously and cooperatively with other staff members.
• Assisting the Shelter Manager and other shelter staff personnel with their work as needed.
• Filling in for other areas and performing other tasks/functions as needed, including helping out at special events.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Legal ability to seek and secure employment within the United States
EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES AND QUALITIES REQUIRED
• Strong interpersonal skills. The ideal person for this job would be personable, outgoing, patient, professional, and able to get along well with a variety of people.
• Affection for animals, concern for their welfare, and a willingness to accommodate animals in the work place.
• Strong written and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate skillfully and effectively with a culturally diverse staff, volunteers and community in a professional, pleasant, respectful, courteous and tactful manner at all times.
• Maturity, good judgment and a professional personal appearance.
• Patient restraint: restraint of non-fractious and fractious or fearful animals for vaccines/injections, cephalic blood draw, anal gland/ear assessment and microchipping.
• The ability to remain pleasant and calm even in stressful situations.
• along with the ability to feel and show empathy for others.
• Flexibility, ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Ability and initiative, work with minimal supervision and direction.
• Comfort and ability in working with animals of unknown disposition and those who may exhibit medical and other problems, as well as aggressive tendencies.
• Ability to accommodate varied work assignments and schedules.
• Ability to lift and move objects and animals weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances and to humanely restrain an animal when necessary.
• Ability to perform euthanasia services.
The Kennel Attendant will directly report to the Shelter Manager
Minimum of 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week. Daily hours and days of the week may vary according to the needs of the department schedule. Work schedule will include weekend and situations can arise where evening, holiday, overnight, and on-call work tour will be required.