Jackson-Butts County Public Library Assistant Library Manager
The Assistant Manager for the Jackson-Butts County Public Library serves in a support position for the Library Manager. The Assistant Manager is the proxy for the Library Manager when he or she is unavailable, and also works closely with the Library Manager on a daily basis to ensure the smooth management of library operations, supervision of staff, and addressing patron queries.
This list includes, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- Assumes the responsibilities of the library manager when he or she is unavailable
- Works with library manager to prioritize tasks and assign duties to staff members daily
- Sets example to other staff for standards in customer service
- Assists in the planning and implementing of library programs
- Instructs patrons in the use of library materials, equipment, and services
- Assists in the maintenance of the library’s collection
- Performs opening and closing tasks as scheduled
- Requests maintenance work orders as needed for the building
- Assists in the training of new employees
- Creates monthly work schedule and posts after approval of library manager
- Processes all new materials being added to the library’s collection
- Ensures adequate office and cleaning supplies are kept on hand
- Perform, as needed, all the task of a library clerk
- Other duties as assigned by library manager
- Minimum Training and Qualifications
Required: High School Diploma, customer service skills, cash handling experience, computer skills, two years (minimum) experience in public library setting
Preferable: some college coursework, previous supervisory experience
- ADA Standards
Mildly active to active work- they are on their feet most of the day, lifting books, shelving, pushing book cars- not a sedentary job.
Should be able to physically comply with job requirements such as lifting up to 30 pounds, standing for long periods of time, climbing ladders, stretching, bending, pulling/pushing large items such as full book carts
F. Knowledge of Job
The person serving in this position will have a strong knowledge of information gathering, reader’s advisory services, customer service, and supervision skills. A priority on patron privacy is inherent in this position. The Assistant Manager has the ability to effectively perform duties within the bounds of legal obligations; has the ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply regulations, procedures, and related information; is able to use independent judgment and discretion in the handling of various situations, determining and deciding upon procedures to be implemented, setting priorities, maintaining standards and resolving problems; has the mathematical ability to handle required calculations involving decimals and percentages; knows how to estimate time, materials, and supplies required to complete various tasks; possesses excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and is able to maintain positive relationships with all parties involved; has the ability to schedule daily activities and to establish long and short term priorities in order to meet established goals; is able to operate and maintain a variety of office equipment such as a computer, copy machine, fax machine, and calculator; is skilled in independent decision-making, judgment, and discretion as necessary to perform daily routine and no-routine tasks.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter, resume, and references to: MAIL:
Jackson-Butts County Public Library
c/o Amanda Bernard
436 E. College St.
Jackson, GA 30233
DEADLINE TO APPLY: FEBRUARY 28, 2017