The Monroe County District Attorney’s Office is currently accepting resumes/applications for a Victim Witness Advocate in the Towaliga Judicial Circuit. This position will work closely with victims and/or witnesses of a crime to guide them through the Victim/Witness Advocacy Program.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: (All incumbents may not perform all functions)
- Serve as a liaison between prosecutors, investigators, court personnel, and various community agencies and the throughout the criminal justice process.
- Notify victims of all hearings, including but not limited to: Committal/Preliminary Hearings, Bond Hearings, Arraignment, Motions, Trial or Plea.
- Assist victims and/or family members in completing Victim Impact Statements when applicable.
- Refer victims to appropriate resources such as: domestic violence shelters, counseling centers, rape crisis centers, etc.
- Assist victims in completing Victims’ Compensation applications.
- Advocate on behalf of victims regarding needs stemming from crime.
- Serve as point of contact for victim throughout court case.
- When necessary, arrange meetings with victims and/or family members.
- Provide follow-up services as needed for victims after case closure.
- Collect and maintain statistical data as required.
- Make travel arrangements for victims/witnesses who come from out of town for court. Be available to them as needed to help show them around the community.
The Towaliga Judicial Circuit is an equal employment opportunity employer and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Preferred Qualifications: College/undergraduate degree, background in law enforcement, nursing, therapeutic services, previous victim witness experience preferred. Certified victim advocate preferred.
Position Status: Full-Time
Position Type: State Paid
Salary Range: $30,037.00
Application Open Date: 09/28/2017
Application Close Date: 10/12/2017
Resumes and Cover Letters should be emailed to Victim Witness Director KB Ayer at email@example.com.